Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Hate Cold Weather

Today is Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, and it is actually somewhat cold here in the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex, as the high temperature today was 32f (proof global cooling exists!) and it sort of sprinkled. Of course, this is relative, because in most of North America this weather would be a mild winter day. However, the weather projections last night on the news were "ice storms," but I have not seen any ice. Actually I can count on one hand the number of times there has been ice on the ground in DFW since I moved here over 12 years ago. Sidebar: one New Year's Eve it iced really bad, and I spent the night at Kurt's house. Things "worked out" for me in his hot tub with a young lady named Gabriella or something. Anyway. Last Friday the high was 77f (proof global warming exists!), so we don't really suffer much during the winter months, but I still complain.

The complaint is about the other people in the DFW area. They overreact like we have just been hit by a blizzard, when really, nothing has happened. Less than a year after I moved here, it snowed about 1/4 of an inch, and they closed schools all over the metroplex. People came in late to work because they "couldn't even get out of their driveway," which was a lie because I lived in an apartment, and my car was uncovered. I barely turned the defroster on and the snow melted away so quickly that I loudly accused the flakes of being imposters.

The meteorologists in the area predicted "ice storms," and we got mist. That did not stop 200+ organizations from closing or postponing after school activities for fear of the ice. http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/school_closings/ Tomorrow is really supposed to be bad, because "ice threatens DFW," or that is at least what Jennifer Lopez of NBC claims. http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/NBC-5-Forecast.html Check out the current forecast:

NBC 5 Forecast Ice Threatens DFW.
By JENNIFER LOPEZ
Updated 7:18 AM CST, Tue, Jan 27, 2009

An Ice Storm Warning is in effect for the Metroplex and all of North TX through Wednesday morning. Temperatures will be falling into the upper 20's by the afternoon. Moisture will move in from the south and west throughout the day and night and come up & over these 20's readings and freezing rain is expected to fall. This could cause ice to build up on power lines, roads, overpasses, etc.
TUESDAY: PM Freezing Rain Likely . 4pm:28 Winds: N 15-25mph
TUESDAY NIGHT: Freezing Rain expected. Low:25
WEDNESDAY: AM Freezing Rain, turning drier by the afternoon. . Low: 25. High 44.

Liar, sensationalist, fear monger

High of 44f?! I guess why I hate the cold is not really because it inconveniences me, but because it becomes the number one story in the area, when really the bad weather barely even exists. I WANT BAD WEATHER. I WANT TO STAY HOME FROM WORK AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES. It just sucks when they promise doom and gloom, and all we get is gloom. Come on clouds, ice this bitch!



This was a really bad weather day back on Thursday, November 30th, 2006. It snowed half an inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment