Wednesday, January 14, 2009

REVENGE!

Last night I walked into my familiar haunt, Rob's Billiards, and the first person I saw was William. He was sitting down eating some Pizza Hut, and had his light saber on the table, sheathed. I cautiously said hello, went to the bar to get some beer, and returned to the table for some polite conversation. We exchanged pleasantries, talked about the TV show 24, and discussed the blandness of his "Natural" Pizza Hut pie. Jerry soon walked in, and we merged over to the pool table for battle.


William and I played first, while I was still telling Jerry about the new (hed) P.E. album, and my friend / co-worker Ken thinking that the song Institutionalized was by GBH instead of Suicidal Tendencies. I wasn't really focused, but I did have a nice run to start the game, and soon I was on the 8 ball. I made a critical mistake, scratched, lost the first game, and surrendered control of the table. However, I was strangely calm, and unconcerned. I shook William's hand, and watched him destroy Jerry. Now it was time for revenge.


In the next 5 or 6 games against William, I did not lose. In fact, there were several games where he had 4 or 5 balls still left on the table after I sank the 8 ball. He was playing well, and a couple of the games ended with nothing left on the table other than the cue ball. I, on the other hand, was on fire. Banks, cuts, combos, it didn't matter, everything was dropping for me. After being handed 5 or 6 losses in a row, William decided that he had to get home to watch "House." Although, he did concede that I had the eye of the tiger, and I had raised my game since the other day. Revenge is mine, and I am back to being the Alpha male of the pool table!




BONUS STORY: So after the destruction of William, I routed Jerry 4 games to zero on the foosball table. Jerry and I went to the bar to sit and enjoy the rest of our pitcher. A woman walked into the bar asking people if they wanted to buy a rose to benefit a family who recently lost their home to a fire. Now I saw this same blonde, overly made-up, 50 something woman in the bar on Sunday, and she was telling the same story. I became suspicious, and decided that when she was on her way out, I had a couple of questions for her. So after she sold some roses to Trista, and a couple of other ladies in the bar, I asked her to come over. "Are you selling these roses for charity?" I asked. "Yes," she answered. "Do you have a tax write-off or tax deduction receipt for me if I purchase one of these roses?" "I sure don't, but I will bring some next time." What a liar, and what a horrible person. Why not just sell the roses? You don't have to add the story about a family who lost their home to a fire, and you don't need to lie about working for a charity. Watch for a future posting regarding liar rose lady, as the next time I see her, I will follow her around everywhere asking those same questions over and over until she leaves.

1 comment:

  1. What about the Bonus Bonus Story. That one was the best one of the night. I am sure everyone would be interested in the "Panties" comment.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete